Saturday, January 8, 2011

Here's What You Should've Read Last Year

In case you missed them, here's a bunch of books I recommended for The Heat Lightning.

I didn't include Nicole Krauss' Great House because I'm in the process of writing something where I compare it to Sara Gruen's Ape House.  Great House vs. Ape House, get it?  That's good stuff, right?  I've got three pages to whittle down that can be summed up thusly: you can't wait to finish both books, but for very different reasons.

I also didn't include Peggy Orenstein's Cinderella Ate My Daughter or Les Standiford and Joe Matthews' Bringing Adam Home because I read ARCs; they don't come out until February and March, respectively.

Joe Hill's Horns was hands down the best guilty pleasure of 2010 and I forgot to include it.  Of course it's not really a guilty pleasure since he's such an amazing author, but he makes reading so damned fun it feels like you're getting away with something.

If any of these strike your fancy, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment